Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sidetracked

Well, I've decided to postpone my practice for at least another year. I got an offer to work with a local attorney in estate planning on a part-time basis. The salary is minimal, but I figure that I can gain that client experience, of which I have none, under someone else's watch. Plus, the attorney seems to be a very nice woman (I could use a mentor!). So, I'm trying to bone up on the basics of estate planning and probate administration before I start.

I figure, if it works out, great. If not, solo practice remains an option. So the direction of this website changes to "solowannabee's experience working in a small firm estate planning practice with the eventual goal of starting her own practice."

1 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Brandon Wilson said...

Congratulations on the job offer - nothing like some OJT under the watchful eye of a seasoned attorney. I would love to have that same opportunity here.

Keep in touch so I can steal your good ideas! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home