Thursday, November 16, 2006

Signs, Signs, Everywhere are signs....

Time marches forward to my grand (or not so grand) opening of the Law Practice (dum-de-dum-dum - ominious music)....

My next decision to make is signage. The business I am subletting from has this big, illuminated sign (3 X 10') with their business name on it. I would like to get something about the same size for my side of the building. My question: should I get an illuminated sign, which will likely cost about $3500 or a laminated sign, with a cost of $500 (including install)? I like the lower price, especially in just starting out. But the building fronts a fairly busy street and the name recognition (if people even notice signs as they are driving by) might be an advantage. Obviously, during the day time, either sign would be equally noticeable. But at night, the illuminated sign would show up better. Also, would it look tacky to have the laminated sign next to the illuminated sign? Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!

Another question is what should be on the sign? Personally, I think the scales of justice is overdone, so I'm thinking of just putting words on the sign. Do I want:

Smith Law Firm

Smith Law Office

Jane Smith,
Attorney at Law

Law Office of
Jane Smith

(No, I'm not Jane Smith, but I have a similarly simple name - not ready to come out of the closet yet :) )

Any thoughts or comments greatly appreciated!

1 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger projectsolo said...

On the name, I started with Smith Law Firm but then decided that it was just too much, I didn't feel like a firm, telling people I was "a firm" just didn't feel right. My stationay goes with the Law office of format; although some of my advertising refers to me as "Smith Law Office" . . I guess I never really liked the Attorney At Law option but its all personal taste.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home